IFOD staff and management has been teaching as well as working in the industry since 1980’s this gives us broad aviation knowledge of year after year in the Dispatch world.
IFOD has produce an initial pass rate of around 95% and a graduation rate close to 100% for the last 20 years. How do we do this: When you are fresh and want to learn, we assist you, but even more important when you are tired and ready to give up, we still encourage and teach you the material and go beyond the school’s established hours and days to ensure your success. We believe in you the student, making sure you know the material and want you to work in this field. Once you receive your FAA Dispatcher Certification, we offer preparation for your interview, including making sure your resume looks good.
- Job assistance and updates– In addition to the interviews which regularly take place at IFOD, we send out a monthly newsletter to our current students and alumni which include open positions from airlines across the globe.
- Resume building– We assist in fine tuning your resume for success in landing a job in the aviation field. When coming to class please prepare a digital draft copy of your resume.
- Tuition free lifetime refresher training– Any time after graduation alumni are welcome to attend tuition free refresher training at IFOD. Only the registration fee will apply to refresher training.
- Books– The books used in class are not on loan and are yours to keep. You will leave IFOD, prepared with your own dispatcher library so you can continue to learn after graduation.
- All exams– All exams are conducted by the FAA in-house.
- ETOPS certification course– In addition to the Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate you will be able to attend ETOPS training at no additional charge.
- Jeppesen/Government charts differences
- Saturday tutorials (when the class requires)
- Success guarantee- At IFOD your success is our success. If you cannot complete the program for any reason, you are welcome to attend any future Aircraft Dispatcher Certification program with no additional tuition (some restrictions apply).
All of the above is included with the tuition no extra fees.
Most Dispatchers will start with smaller aviation organizations or regional airlines. Starting pay starts around $45,000 a year and can top out with Major Airlines (Delta, American, and United) closed to $200,000 based on seniority. Airline Dispatchers usually have unlimited flight privileges for themselves and their family. Receive discounts for hotels, rental cars, cruise ships, and reduced travel rates on other airlines. Airlines have outstanding medical benefits and employee assistant programs. IFOD offers free lifetime refresher training, assistance in lodging during training, and job assistance for life.